What is Natural Gas?
Natural Gas is mainly Methane - CH4 with a small percentage of other higher hydrocarbons. The ratio of Carbon to Hydrogen is least in Methane and hence it burns almost completely making it environment friendly. It is procured from the oil / gas wells and transported through a network of pipelines. This natural gas is mixed with an odorant to add odour similar to the odour of LPG from a domestic cylinder so as to facilitate detection of its leakage.
What is PNG?
PNG (Piped Natural Gas) is the natural gas supplied through polyethylene (PE) pipelines to cater to the natural gas demand of customers in various segments, i.e. Domestic / Commercial & Non - Commercial / Industrial segments.
Salient Features of PNG –
- Un-interrupted (Continuous) natural gas supply 24 X 7 through pipeline.
- Cheaper compared to LPG cylinders.
- No upfront payment like LPG cylinders.
- Higher level of safety for customers
- 24 X 7 emergency vans
- Get rid of booking/ordering cylinders
- Environment friendly
- 100% utilization
- Convenient billing cycle (bi-monthly)
As a safer alternative of LPG cylinders, Piped Natural Gas is becoming more common amongst residential customers who use the natural gas primarily as a cooking fuel and for water heating through Gas Geyser. However, for precautions, there is a safety manual 'Do's & Don'ts' made available in case of any leakage or gas smell is observed. Please take a print and paste it at a visible place in the kitchen.
Industrial customers comprises of those natural gas customers who need natural gas for their industrial setups. They use piped natural gas mainly as a source of energy for many industry specific processes. Natural gas is mainly used in industrial applications like heating, cooling, power, processes and manufacturing. The company is in state to supply industrial PNG at Ratnagiri MIDC & Lote MIDC as per customers requirement.
Commercial customers comprises of those natural gas customers who need natural gas for their Commercial setups / entities like Tea / Snacks shops, restaurants, food courts, hotels, hospitals, resorts, canteen, hostels etc.
Charitable Organizations with certificate of Charity Commissioner confirming their charitable purpose / activities are categorized as Non - Commercial Customers.
What is CNG?
Compressed Natural Gas, also well known as CNG, is an auto fuel in Gaseous state. Mainly comprising of Methane (80% to 90%) CNG is low density and is compressed up to 200 bar pressure so that it can be stored in a larger capacity in the fuel tank. Hence, it is named as Compressed Natural Gas.
Some salient benefits of CNG are as below:
- CNG is economical and one of the preferred alternative fuel sources for vehicles today
- CNG is pollution free and is a clean burning fuel
- CNG is colourless, odourless, non-toxic and non-carcinogenic
- CNG is lighter than air, hence in case of leakage CNG disperses quickly into the air instead of on the ground, reducing the risk of fire and ground contamination